Pages

Friday, May 07, 2021

At the Moulin Rouge by Henri Toulouse-Lautrec

Welcome to the party! Since you’re new here let me introduce you to a few of the regulars. Sitting around the table is Edouard Dujardin the critic, next to him is that wonderful Spanish dancer La Macarona, the superb photographer Paul Sesceau, of course, and Maurice Guibert. The lady with the red hair is, I believe, Jane Avril. You have to meet her. 

Oh, and there in the back is Monsieur Toulouse-Lautrec with his cousin Gabriel Tapié de Céleryan, often together they make quite a pair, don't they? And in the way back you will find the incredible dancer La Gouloue talking with her lover I think, but I can’t be sure. 

And I’m May Milton just getting ready to go onstage so come in, come in, and welcome to the Moulin Rouge! 

At the Moulin Rouge, 1892-95, Henri Toulouse-Lautrec.


 

No comments: