Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Birthday in Munich

25 April 2022.

Today was my birthday. Seventy-four years since I shuffled onto this mortal coil and most of the time has been spent dazed and confused. But largely happy. And so I am today.

A birthday spent in Munich, Germany, strolling through a wonderful cemetery, taking life at a slower pace than usual and just enjoying being alive.

After a leisurely morning and equally leisurely walk through the Alter Sudlicher Friedhof (our cemetery next door) we had a hot beverage and a piece of their homemade cheesecake at our favorite spot, the Aroma Kaffeebar just a couple of doors down from our apartment.

We then headed off into the old town, this time taking a route we hadn't been on before which, as it turned out, took us past the new enormous Eataly complex. From there we headed over to Sendlingerstrasse where Susie went off in search of a bath item while I kept an eye on several young women who were getting ready for some kind of photo shoot. 

Susie and I made our way back through Sendlinger Tor and home for the evening.

For my birthday I fixed a dish that had been bouncing around in my head for a few days: sautéed shallots with chopped summer sausage with stir-fried little potatoes (blanched) mixed with Bergerkäse cheese with a side of blanched broccoli.  Oh, and since we failed to bring an apron, a deficit we hope to rectify shortly, I worked topless with paper towels around my waist (Susie didn't want to deal with potential splatter spots on my shirt). But you'll see it all in the last photo.

Not a bad way to spend one's birthday. 



along Blumentstrasse it looked like a statue urinating but. . .

it was only a watering can held by a saint

Eataly store


Sendlingerstrasse

models getting ready for work. . . note the two using the chrome wall strips to apply makeup



No comments: