Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Why travel, part 3

I like to travel because I enjoy seeing the wonders of other countries; seeing how the people live and how they adapt to being around ancient and modern times. I like the idea of seeing areas on TV or hearing about other parts of the world and saying to myself " Oh, I have been there: it was so beautiful and exciting" -- Irma

When I travel, I feel free. I travel to meet new people, and experiece new places. I enjoy experiencing the beauty of other places that I am not familiar with, and I enjoy photographing that beauty. -- Cheryl

My wife likes to travel to meet new people, see new things, enjoy different foods and find out about other traditions. Me, I travel to keep from working -- Don

Why do I travel? Why do I learn? Like a book, traveling opens my senses to a world outside my own. More than words or opinions, I am actively experiencing new cultures, people and places. All my senses are alive to something new… something different. Having just returned from my third trip to South Africa – once again, everything within me was stirred by the beauty of the land, the kindness of the people, the simplicity of life and the sacredness of nature. My memory tank is full as I try to replay some highlights in my mind. Now, back to the mundane… I long for the next travel experience. I hunger to learn more inside the best classroom life has to offer – the Classroom of Travel!! -- Trina

No comments: