Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Nobody's perfect


Well we've put nearly 3000 kms on our new 2007 Mini and I think we're finally settling into a groove.

The car handles great, does fine on snowy roads, and gets gas mileage is superb: 37 mpg without cruise.

Speaking of cruise control though this is one of my beefs: it's not standard and I couldn't find it listed in the online configurator as a stand-alone option. You have to spring for the Premium package or niente. (photo: just before Easter in Rutland, Vermont.)

Also what's up with the heated windshield notation in the owner's guide?

And where's the lumbar support?

When we ordered our new 2007 Mini I chose the optional rubber floor mats. I mean after all living in the northeastern US one does encounter the occasional inclement weather pattern.

Fast forward to several days after taking delivery of our new car. While we were cruising down the New York Thruway heading west toward Canada and Michigan I mentioned to my wife, who also subs as family navigator, "Say I didn't see our fabric floor mats when we picked up the car."

Nope, she said she didn't see them either. Odd I thought.

So I shoot an email off to Steve M. at Peabody Mini outside of Boston.

Shortly afterward he replied that Minis didn't come with floor mats. . . Whoa!

Now that is odd.

And finally, the seatbelts are placed too far back to be grabbed easily.

Other than those issues so far so good!

No comments: