Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Donald Wade Soper, Jr

These three photos of my older brother Don, taken sometime in the late 1930s, were passed along to me by my Aunt Barbara Hinman. Aunt Barb and Uncle Bill, have since left this life and undoubtedly enjoying themselves wherever they are. Warm, kind and generous they always referred to my big brother as "Donnie".

As for "Donnie", he suffered much in his life but with a loving wife and a rock-solid belief in himself he persevered through it all. I could only wish for such strength of character.

He had his flaws to be sure, and unfortunately I kept pointing to those when he was alive and not focusing on his strengths. I owe my life to my father who rescued me and my brother who protected me.

He was my older brother and while we rarely agreed on anything -- except our Dad -- he was always there for me, especially when I was the age he was in these photos.

Thanks Big Brother.

Rest in Peace -- you earned it.

February 22, 1936 to April 26, 2016.




No comments: