Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Anise Cookie

Another recipe adapted from Patisserie Lerch (as was the lemon butter cookie) these oddly delicious little anise cookies had to be prepared a day ahead. The recipie is found on pages 26-27.

Susie made the batter and piped three trays of 1 1/4-inch cookies and laid them out overnight.

Susie's notes: "I baked them in the morning, about 18 hours after piping. They did achieve the "foot" Dorie mentioned and are an interesting little cookie. Crunchy with a nice licorice sense."

I would add they are one of the oddest little cookies I've ever eaten: I thought them quite crunchy indeed but very flavorful with just the right balance of anise flavor. I took a bag of these to work and other testers agreed. I also found that by "sucking" on them softened the cookie a bit and also let the wonderful anise melt in the mouth.

No comments: