Pages

Friday, March 06, 2009

Financiers

A staple of Parisian pastry shops, the financier is a scrumptious treat that works just about anytime and anywhere. This financier recipe originated with Jean-Luc Poujauran, but his shop changed hands two years after Dorie's book was published. The shop continues to maintain its level of quality under it's new owner Stephane Secco. The recipe is found on pages 16-17.

Dorie adds that "In addition to making these quintessentially Parisian sweets in quintessentially American mini-muffin pans, I often add a little fruit. . . ." Susie did likewise.

Susie's notes: "I modified this by adding just a splash of vanilla. I then baked 18 plain and 18 with a dollop of apricot jam . . .



". . . and blueberries on top: YES!"



"I like the flavor of these financiers, but I plan to do a side-by-side taste test with the Le Cordon Bleu financier recipe I usually use. It uses confectioner's sugar instead of granulated and proportionately has larger amounts of sugar and egg white - plus it adds vanilla!"

Address: 20 rue Jean Nicot (7th arr.)
Mº La Tour-Maubourg

No comments: