Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday in Winter Harbor

It's a cool, semi-overcast morning here in Winter Harbor. A few folks out to get morning coffee and pastries. And speaking of pastries how about rustic raspberry turnovers or blackberry coffee cake or maybe apple-cheddar muffins?

Elena is working this morning and so is Jessica, who just started this past week. She and her friend Natalie round out the staff here at Gerrish's for the summer. So now we're pretty much set to go for the Fourth of July kickoff!

Yesterday shortly after Susan and I drove out to Schoodic Point for our daily walk, I caught sight of the Cat ferry coming in to Bar Harbor from Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. Susan had already set out on her walk and I was futzing around with my iPod and getting out of the car when I looked up and saw this huge black hydrofoil churning up the water coming in from the northeast. Pretty cool to say the least. I've seen ocean liners leaving Bar Harbor and heading in the direction of Nova Scotia but this is the first time I've seen the Cat. Susie suggested maybe we would do Nova Scotia as a day trip on the Cat on one of our days off. That sounds good to me.

And speaking of Schoodic Point, while Susan was on her walk and I was gaping at the Cat she came across two fox kits and their mother right near the parking the lot! Now how cool is that!

Wish you were here,

Steve

No comments: