Pages

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Providence Firemen

Living in a big city like Providence, one gets used to hearing two things nearly every day: car alarms (going off for no reason) and emergency vehicle sirens. And since we live along Westminster street, one of the major east-west streets in west Providence, we frequently see one type or another emergency vehicle go shooting by our apartment.

Well yesterday late afternoon I was killing time at home waiting to go in and pick Susie up and perhaps shoot a few photos of some of her latest desserts for a magazine article. I heard a fire truck zip by, then another and another and another and , well, it seemed like nearly every fire truck and police car was heading west down Westminster street.



I walked outside and could see the police had blocked off our street just a couple of blocks beyond our condo. I grabbed my wiener backup camera, my camcorder and walked in the drizzling rain to see what was going on.

Well there was a huge fire in a building just on the other side of the Route 10 overpass.


No comments: