Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Naomi and Jonathan Get Married

This past Saturday we drove up to the wild woods of northern Maine to watch, in person mind you, Naomi Gillette and Jonathan Bergman get married. Everything came off without a hitch and with nary a snowflake in sight -- although there was still quite a bit of snow on the ground from the year's first major attack by Mother Nature.

But for traveling the weather was fine and the traffic light as we headed up I-95 to I-93 and then back on I-95 again for the final push into Downeast Maine.

After the service everybody headed out of Bangor to Peake's Hill Lodge for a reception of Mexican food and contra-dancing. If you're not familiar with contra dancing, I've included a little clip in the animated slideshow for your viewing pleasure. (Later on I'll also post a longer clip with some of my favorite people tearing up the dance floor, so stay tuned!)

Oh, and you might want to go full screen and turn up the volume on your speakers or you can relax with the leisurely slideshow version (and captions):



If you'd rather view the images at a more leisurely pace, with captions no less, try this:

No comments: