Pages

Friday, July 20, 2007

Fog and sandwiches

Today being Friday I am tasked once again with making sandwiches at Gerrish's cafe. But hey I'm here pretty much all the time anyway so why not? And I make a pretty mean sandwich too I must say. (photo: l-r coffee cake, croissand d'amande, blueberry cheese danish, brioche d'amandes and blueberry muffins.)

Anyway it's still foggy here in Winter Harbor -- Susie, Rosemary and I drove over to just this side of Ellsworth last night for dinner at the Tidal Falls restaurant and it was even foggier over there. But we had good food and got to watch the harbor seals playing in the river! Check out my more detailed review at eatamerican.blogspot.com.

Susie has been working nonstop baking up such wonderful pastries -- all her creme puffs sold in one fell swoop, her lemon tarts continue to be scooped up and her brioche and croissant d'amandes are a hit for sure.

The garage in the back is quickly being turned into a wine shop: the electricity went in the other day and now they're putting in insulation and I assume paneling of some sort before turning to the nuts and bolts features of a retail wine store. I can't wait. . .

Wish you were here,

Steve

No comments: