Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day from Providence

Well it's better late than never I suppose. I trust you all had an interesting and gratifying Valentine's Day?!

This last week has been entertaining and in some ways very satisfying for the two of us here in Providence.

Susan continues to grow into a pretty phenomenal pastry chef and her dessert ideas continue to tempt the taste buds of Chef Joe Hafner.

For Valentine's Day the restaurant added a plate of 5 mini-profiteroles for two, using three different cream fillings. Earlier that evening Dick and Dorothy drove down from Douglas, MA, to join us at home for dinner: eye of the round beef roast stuffed with Cashel blue cheese, washed down with a 1990 Silver Oak cabernet. Afterwards the four of us drove downtown to Gracie's where we found seats at the bar and ordered sparkling Spanish cava and two plates of these new desserts.

Wish you had been there! The profiteroles were incredible!

No wonder I'm starting to put on weight. Of course I sit on front of the computer most of the time and that doesn't help my waistline. (I do miss walking all the time in Florence and Paris.) Still, I have had the good fortune to do some freelance food and event photography during the past week and I hope there will be more of that work to come.

On a somewhat more somber note the medical college in Chicago has agreed to the DNA testing and that process is now underway. We hope to have the results back soon -- we'll keep you posted.

We also remembered the passing of Susan's father, just nine short years ago this past Sunday, the 10th.

I've attached a short video of some footage I shot in Lincoln, Rhode Island, this past fall that I'd like to dedicate to Tunis and to the men who did such incredible things so many years ago.

I've posted a few other new short videos on YouTube and of course put them here on the blog as well; something to while away the winter hours.

Until we meet again, take care, stay cool, keep calm, and remember walk, don't run for the exits. . .

Steve

No comments: