Pages

Friday, April 01, 2016

My last day at Johnson & Wales

Yesterday was my last day of work. At Johnson & Wales University that is. There will always be something to occupy my time, of course, but will it be "work" as such? I'm not even sure what I did for the past 6 years or so could qualify as "work." I enjoyed what I did and I like to think I was fairly good at my job (managing an image library). But we moved to Michigan (nearly eleven months ago) and my days have always been numbered as a result.

It was both a pleasure and an honor to work with several genuinely nice, intelligent, hardworking people. I won't embarrass them by naming them here nor will I humiliate those who were less than pleasant, who were petty, soul-crushing spirits who had no thought of anything but themselves and certainly the last thing on their mind was working together with anyone else. To you I have nothing to say but good riddance.

To those other folks, that handful of men and women -- they know who they are -- who made my stay there just a bit easier, a bit more interesting and often a bit more fun thank you so much from the bottom of my heart (and the top, too).

Safe travels to you and remember, life is short.


No comments: