- The museum is presently undergoing major renovations and the entire upper level and half of the 2nd level are closed. Many of the paintings and some of the sculptures have been relocated to other parts of the museum.
- The room formerly dedicated to Manet is now predominately Cezanne (although "Olympia" is still in the same space).
- There is now a cafe on the 0 level, serving limited snacks and drinks.
- Photography is now prohibited in the museum. This appears to be strictly enforced.
- Multipass tickets are now available allowing access to the Orsay/Orangerie and Orsay/Gustave Moreau.
The cafe was nice to be sure but the chaos caused by the renovation and the frustration in trying to locate your favorite artist, not to mention the new anti-photography edict, make things a bit less comfortable. Or so we thought at any rate.