Pages

Friday, April 03, 2009

Leaving for Paris


When traveling, something I do occasionally but not as occasionally as I'd like, when traveling I like to think of it as leaving for someplace rather than leaving from someplace else. (photo "Dalida's" grave in division 18, Montmartre cemetery.)

And so I'm preparing myself, readying my personal effects, getting my house in order, to leave for Paris today, Friday, April 3. My bags are packed, the house is relatively clean and the laundry is done. I'm having my second cup of caffe italiano and thought I would take a moment and say hi.

I'll head in to work shortly -- drop off a couple of things, say goodbye and then come home. The VP of the condo association will be handling things here, such as they are, while we're gone. She's kind enough to take me to the bus stop downtown where I will catch the express for Logan Airport in Boston. (I've already got my boarding passes and am ready to check bags at the bag drop-off when I arrive. That's the plan at any rate.)

Then I'll hike through security, find a place to park and sit and wait until we board. I'm flying British Airways so I'll get to see the new terminal 5 at Heathrow -- sounds exciting, doesn't it? Another airport mall -- but this one is in Europe with European stuff. Anyway, we're scheduled to leave at 6.05 (18.05 for the Europeans) and will arrive in London at 05.15; my connecting flight to Paris leaves at 07.25 so I won't have long to wait. I'll be in Paris by 09.30 and after being whisked through Passport control (yeah right) I'll meet Susie. From there we hop on the RER commuter train into the city and to the apartment on rue General Renault.

After unpacking and a bite of lunch at "Candide," a restaurant just a couple of blocks from our apartment on Avenue Parmentier, a place we often walk by and have yet to try, it'll be a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood for me and then a nap. Maybe.

Stay tuned!

Wish you were going along. . .

Steve

No comments: