Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susie Finishes Viennoiserie at LCB and Says Goodbye

Susie's third and final professional development course at Le Cordon Bleu came to an end last night. I spent much of the afternoon out at Pere Lachaise shooting photos but was at home by the time she called me about 5pm. She asked if I could be at LCB about half past six to help bring her stuff home before we headed out for dinner with our friend Valerie. Soon afterwards I grabbed my coat, my Navigo Metro pass and my camera and was out the door and heading toward the no. 9 St. Ambroise Metro stop.

After changing the Metro twice and walking a few blocks I arrived at Le Cordon Blue just as Susie was packing her stuff up and saying her final goodbyes. Earlier in the day she had received her certificates for completing the three programs from the new school director of programs, Juliette, and they were joined by two of the three chefs involved:

Naturally after I arrived I had to get a photo of Susie and her two comrades in arms before we spirited ourselves out the door. (photo: Susie, Stephani from Indonesia and Kate from Taiwan.)

And of course these three had spent the day preparing an enormous batch of goodies: beignets, lots of great stuff with croissant dough like tartelettes, bichons and lots of fried things. You get the point. But I got the beignets:


I'm telling you, you should've been there.

Anyway, we got home in time to refresh ourselves before heading back out to dinner. We joined up with our friend Valerie at Les Cotelettes near the Place des Vosges in the 4th arr. It's just a 15-minute walk from our apartment. The food was wonderful, the service friendly and the conversation with Valerie entertaining and lively, as always:


Tomorrow (Sunday) we're off to Italy. We pick up our rental car at the Austerlitz train station near our apartment and hit the road. We plan to spend a night in Barbaresco in the Piemonte on our way to Siena.

Stay tuned!

Wish you were here,

Steve

No comments: