Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thank you Martin VandenBerg

I had the privilege of attending the memorial service for Susan's Uncle Martin VandenBerg yesterday. He would have turned 90 years old next August 24.

A genuinely kind person and gentle soul he will be sorely missed by family and friends.

Listening to his children and others talk about Martin I learned a great deal about the particulars of his life yesterday but of his character I already knew all I needed to know. Every time I saw him when we would visit Grand Rapids and pop into the VandenBerg breakfast get-togethers, he was always up and out of chair ready to grasp my hand and with Martin that always came with a huge smile.  He cared about us and didn't hesitate to show it.

Thank you for letting us know you.

I liked that man and sadly there aren't enough such kindhearted men in the world today.

You'll be missed Uncle Mart but you're in a happier place now.


No comments: