Hopkins is buried in the Old North Burying Ground on North Main Street. In death and in life his destiny was tied to Main Street.
According to one source, this is in fact the original Tillinghast family burial ground.
"Described by the Providence Preservation society as 'the simplest and most severe Greek Revival Church' in Providence, this building of cement stucco over rough stone was erect din 1840 as St. Stephen's Church (Episcopal) with a steeple, pipe organ and 82 pews. St. Stephen's moved to 114 George Street in 1862, and was succeeded here by the Church of the Savior (Episcopal). In 1932, the church building, and a small city school, later a Portuguese men's club, behind it were purchased by the Barker Foundation under a bequest from Henry A. Barker (1868-1929) for THE PLAYERS, a theater club he helped form in 1909 from two older ones."